Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Housing Woes (Part 1)

It's so difficult to get a place to live in Singapore.

Let me share some statistics on the resale flats I have viewed in the past month for your own research:-

(1) Stirling Rd
Block 181
Floor level: #11 to #15
Size: 4-room (95 sqm)
Convenience: 1 min walk from/to MRT
Overall feeling: Although the flat is only 7 years old, the flat exterior looks like it has been around since the late 80's. How about the interior? It's worse - It's not renovated at all and the current owners look like they can move out at a whim's notice.
Valuation: $398K
Asking Price: $478K ($80K COV)

(2)Redhill
Block 63B
Floor level: #5 to #10
Size: 4-room (100 sqm)
Age: 6 years
Convenience: 3 mins walk from/to MRT
Overall feeling: They have marble flooring! That's worth like $20K I was told. Its quite well renovated, so we can definitely save on renovation costs.
Valuation: $410K
Asking Price: $495K ($85K COV)

So amongst the 2 above, I don't mind paying $17K more for the Redhill property.

7 comments:

Valen said...

Wah!! Flats also that expensive in Singapore ah? Almost half a million.... can buy very good landed property in Malaysia already.

aC said...

That's so true... That's why iur Government is going to implement steps to coll the property market. The first step they have taken is to replace the deferred payment scheme with a progressive payment one. I'm still waiting for more measures to be taken, no news so far...

Valen said...

Well, if you say flats are expensive, but there are people who can afford to throw a wedding with SG$200K...

aC said...

Those people belong to the rare breed, cannot be taken as representative of the population.

What's the average cost of a grand wedding dinner over in M'sia?

Geek @ Kedai.TV said...

Both are not even worth an effort to buy..as it's to flipping small.
for that price..can get a condo in jurong.

best regards

azrin @ http://www.azrin.net

aC said...

Yup, that's true, you can get a condo at Juroung West or massionette at Bukit Batok for that price...

I guess it all boils down to the convenience factor.

Oh btw Azrin, I checked out your site, I think there's some bug which prevents viewers from scrolling, you may wanna check that out.

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com